
After much humming and hawing about what to do for New Years, we finally decided on card games and nachos at Apes 'n Ju's apartment and then a trip down the the Promenade to watch fireworks and celebrate the new year.
The card games were bogus with everyone picking on ME! Despite this, I kicked both Ryan and Julie's butts at Phase 10, but couldn't quite pull it together for Uno.

The nachos were wonderful (oh how you miss American Appetizers when you can't get them) and then we proceeded to dance. How it started I'm not really sure, but Ryan ended up doing quite the interesting interpretation of Soulja Boy!
Around 11:15pm we decided it was time to head to the Prom, only to discover that the Tram wasn't due for another 15 minutes and that this wouldn't leave us much time before the count down, so we started to walk and walk and walk. During this time Ryan and Julie had a lovely conversation in French, a simple conversation about the fact that Ryan

had two ladies on his arm, but one that I kept insisting they have in English, so as not to get us in trouble with the French!
Once we arrived at the Promenade, Ryan decided that we needed to be on the beach where the fireworks were going off! We took some pictures, I got the Champagne ready and when midnight struck Ryan proceeded to spray the Champagne all over the beach, almost hitting a French couple! Laughing my face off, I finally got it away from him and we

watched some fireworks. Then Ryan decided that we needed to meet up with the Yacht boys to have a drink. We started walking along the Prom with Ryan and Julie wishing everyone "Bonne Fete" and me trying to keep the group together. We arrived outside Wayne's where the boys were suppose to be a short while later, but because their phones were off, we just chatted to some Frenchmen waiting outside and then proceeded to head home. It's funny how both Ryan and Julie's French improved on this particular evening!

With sore feet (from walking all over the place in my new cute boots) and tired eyes, Julie and I made sure that Ryan was home safely and then proceeded to pass out until 1:30pm New Years Day.
So there you have it ladies and gentlemen...New Years France Style! I wish you all the best in 2009! Julie and I promise to be a little more diligent about posting in the future! No more month long breaks!
No comments:
Post a Comment