CHRISTMAS!!!!

Christmas morning, Julie and I woke up around 9am to discover that we had no internet, no telephone, no TV. Not great for two girls that are away from their families at Christmas for the first time EVER.

Making the best of things however, we got ready and started to open our lovely packages sent from home. We both got some great gifts, and after the living room was full of wrapping paper and empty boxes, we put on Elf and made some lunch. Around this time our internet started working , and with Julie on the phone and me on video chat, we were both able to talk to our families and I was able to watch mine open a few gifts. The internet didn't last long however, and before we knew it, it was down again.

Eventually 4:00 rolled around and we were off to Ryan's family's apartment for a Christmas feast. One of the yachties, Jon, came with us and armed with Champagne, pots, garlic and cookies we arrived in style. Thanks to Ryan's Mom we had a meal filled with potatoes, carrots, peas, baguette and.....the greatest bird EVER - Chapon (also known as a castrated rooster). This was pretty much the greatest Christmas bird of all time, and after eating one I don't know if I'll ever go back to turkey again, especially because there were no sleepy after effects. Then for dessert, we had an authentic French Christmas log- again...FABULOUS!

After everything was cleaned up, we opened lovely stockings from Ryan and his family which consisted of some great Canadian candy and a pair of homemade slippers (mine being purple) that I love and wear all the time. After this, it was over to Jon's boat to show Ryan's family around and have a drink, then back to the apartment once more.

Again, the internet worked for a few minutes and then died. We were both able to talk to our families for a little bit however, and thanks to my mom's calling card, I was able to finish our conversation on the mobile. By 1:30am we were both pooped, and feel asleep dreaming of candy canes, presents and the snow we didn't have!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Both Julie and I wish you a Joyeux Noel and Bonne Annee!
No comments:
Post a Comment