Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Amsterdamnnnnnnn

We stayed with Angelique in Den Hagg rather than getting a hostel in Amsterdam - we're cheap, yes. I'm Dutch.. now does it make sense?

We took the train in to the big city and started wandering like we always do - we hadn't wandered in awhile, so it was a nice change of pace.

We met up with my friend Nick who had been living with his aunt and uncle just outside of the city. We ate lunch at a cafe (not a coffee shop) and then daringly ventured forth to see the 'sights' of the city. We eventually ended up over near the Anne Frank house, losing our way through the canals, and then over near the Rijksmuseum, etc. etc. etc. blah blah blah. You know what I mean. I didn't know that you could lose your sense of direction a million times in one day... I have yet to regain my sense of direction.

It was time for dinner and we were craving Thai food - Chinatown, here we come!! Yes I realize that is probably politically incorrect, and Thai is not Chinese.... but all the Asian cuisine restaurants are in the same area. 'Nuff said. Yummy pad thai was had.
Oh what a day.

No comments: