Sunday, November 30, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away......

So it's raining here AGAIN! I don't think they've ever experienced weather like they have since we got here. It's been rainy and cold and just plain gross. In fact, the town next to us (Antibes) with all the boats and stuff (see picture album of Antibes on flickr) got 15 cm of snow on Tuesday. THIS IS PRACTICALLY UNHEARD OF! No one had snow shovels to get rid of it and tonnes of boats were damaged. It was kinda funny cause we were on our way to Cannes (on the other side of Antibes from us in Nice) by train and we pulled up to the train station and Julie was like "Hey, Snow!" totally joking and thinking that it was just the rock-type dust stuff that we saw in Paris; but nope, the second you hit the train station it was 15 cm of snow. Then we got to the other side of Antibes and into Cannes and it was gone again, almost like it never happened.



So needless to say, because we are too cheap to buy an umbrella, we've been spending a lot of time indoors. Julie is attempting the most annoying 1000 piece puzzle of a beach, and I'm reading Merde Happens. If I knew how to knit, I would be at this point. Then maybe I could sell the finished products and make some money. That being said....

We still don't have jobs, but not because of a lack of trying. We've searched and posted and bothered lots of people, but because the economy is garbage, travelers that would normally be moving on and freeing up jobs, are staying put, and 3 million other people are competing for jobs on angloinfo- just about the only website that advertises for English speaking jobs in the area. We've even offered to babysit people's dogs, but every time we think we're going to have a visitor we get an email saying that they've decided to leave the dog for free with friends. So ya, still unemployed. If you happen to know of anyone in the area that could hook us up with jobs, please drop us a line!

And there you have it. An update about the lives of Apes n' Ju for the last week! So interesting I know!

No comments: