WOW.... so you wanna know what happened 2 months ago in Prague eh? Let me look at the pictures to refresh my memory...actually.

Ah yes... So we hear that if you hop on a certain city "tram", which we can catch right outside our door step, that you can see the sites of Prague without paying for a tour. Get on said bus, tour around, arrive at castle. So we tour around this castle, seeing all the sites and then Steph decides she wants to see the bone church. Well, there is nothing ANYWHERE about this church, but we see a wall off in the distance that appears to be made out of human skulls (thanks to an amazing view from the castle) and we head in that direction.

After finding said wall, which is encased in a courtyard at the old Riding Academy, (which doesn't open until April- this is February remember) and unsuccessfully trying to talk the guard lady into letting us in, we head back to the apartment to find food.
Side note: the bone castle is actually outside of Prague..but what fun would it be to look up that information BEFORE your trip?

I've learned it's better not to ask

After lunch, we head out to see a famous bridge with a name I don't remember...which like everything else in Europe, is under construction in preparation for Tourist season
(Another side note: doesn't this sound like a type of hunting season, similar to fishing or deer season, where you catch a tourist? I think so). Next is some souvenir shopping, a stop at Starbucks, and a clock. A clock that everyone is standing in front of in anticipation of the coming hour marker. The hour arrives and- there is absolutely nothing I can say here that will describe what we saw. It literally left us all going "What was that? Was that all? Can I have those 3 minutes of my life back?" Oh well, we had Starbucks, so off we go to explore some more. We head down a fancy shopping street, with stores that I will NEVER be able to afford, that eventually leads us to the Old Jewish Quarter (I'm going to pause here, and allow YOU to come up with the jokes). Anyways, once here we realize that they try and charge you an arm and a leg to see the sites (again, pause)...including the cemetery. So instead, we walk around the outer wall of the cemetery, poke the camera thru the tiny window, take some pictures, and voila it's almost like you're inside. Some other funny things also happened on this little journey around the cemetery...like me falling off the curb,

and walking in a particular way....but again, I probably shouldn't mention it for sensitivities sake, altho I apparently wasn't being too sensitive at the time I did it. OOPS. Confused yet? I know I am. But if you were there, those last sentences will make you chuckle.
Moving on.
Off to Wenceslas Square we go. Take some pictures, do a little shopping in stores we can actually afford, and then head back to the apartment to make dinner and get some shut eye before our flight back to England the next day.
Where shopping takes place in Prague!
And that ladies and gents is Prague, Czech Republic...only 2 months late!
No comments:
Post a Comment