Thursday, April 16, 2009

Long overdue... or just due?

LONDON TOWN! Continued from before....

Where are we? I don't know - I guess it's been so long since I have written that I can't remember. Easy fix - just have to look at the blog, don't I?

So, double decker bus tour eh? Bet you thought it was fun, well, you're dead wrong! It was awful! Yes, I am kidding once again. Got ya! Anywho, by this time, we are le tired and waiting for my sisters (+Abe - Deni's bf) to meet us in Central London! Yes that's right, my crazy sisters were visiting! Oolala! So after a few phone calls, we finally met up with them at Victoria Station Mall, where low and behold, Deni was getting her hair straightened - leave it to her to be doing that to pass the time!

Ju, Apes, Deni, Abe, & Kiki

To join in, Steph decides to get a strand or two of her hair curled - oh so lovely! Now if only this lady wasn't so persistent in trying to sell us her hair tools, we could have gone on our way a lot faster. "Hey lady! Did we mention that the outlets in Canada are a little different than the ones here??" Aka we're not buying one. Why do I always sidetrack like this? I'm so awful. I'm sorry if you're reading this.

Gotta look the other way, remember?

So my sistas, the sistas, Abe (lucky Abe with 5 women) and myself walked down past all the fun scenery (you remember what I said - Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, etc.) to the River Thames to hop on a boat for a cruise. A beautiful cruise on a brown river - my favourite pasttime! Oh you didn't know that? Well then, you didn't know me! The non-tour guide tour guide was hilarious, and the boat was basically empty. We had a marvelous time along the Thames with beautiful evening photos. Voila!

The boat had SO MANY PEOPLE!

Tower Bridge at night - oooh aaahh

I literally just took a 7 hour break from writing... so I've lost my train of thought. Ahh... so I will continue... but we're just going to zoom through the rest of London.

  • Finished the boat cruise - back to hostel then dinner at a gourmet burger restaurant
  • Met random guy from Canada at the hostel's pub and turns out he went to high school with Steph's boyfriend (obviously)
  • Ventured out and about the next day and then took the train north to Sheffield (and Chesterfield for Apes & Steph)
  • Steph and Apes were visiting their cousins
  • Abe, Ju, Nicki, & Deni went to Sheffield to see Abe's old stomping ground
  • Back to London on Monday afternoon - I did the double decker tour with my sisters while Steph and April went shopping
  • Parted ways at the end of the day, grabbed some fish & chips and headed for the airport to spend the night for our 7am flight to PRAGUE!!
Yoga at Trafalgar Square! ROOOOOOOOAR!

Sleeping at the airport is not something that I recommend doing... but we're cheap and didn't want to bother paying for a room when we would just have to leave at 4:30am. So we slept on the seats in the waiting area - as did a bunch of other travelers. I guess it's a good option haha. Anyways, needless to say when we arrived in Prague the next day, we were quite tired.

This means that the story of London is done!! YAY! So I shall explain Praha in the next post. Adieu! Ciao! Adios!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Hahaha I love the yoga photo :)